Sunday, September 9, 2012

Exploring...Lyon: The Market

Hey everyone, 
Hope you've been enjoying following me along on this journey so far! This weekend we decided not to travel anywhere, and stay here in Lyon to do some exploring. I am so lucky to be here and I am in a wonderful city. There is so much to see and do, but at the same time it's not a fast paced place. We just take our time doing everything and try and appreciate every moment. I guess that's how all of Europe is, while at home I find it so easy to just rush through the day without appreciating my surroundings or stopping to take anything in. 



Most days, we head to the market to do grocery shopping. Our fridge is small so we can't fit more than 2 days worth of food in it at any time. On the weekend the markets are bigger, and I took this opportunity to bring my camera with me and get some good shots of everything. This weekend the market was the biggest and the busiest we've ever seen it. There are two markets side by side, a huge book market and then the produce market.

this one's for you Luke

Cheese - yum! 
Its nice to see that everything is fresh and brought directly from the farm to the market - so you know it's real organic, and you're always eating what's in season. We tried those rotisserie chickens that are in the background of the photo above -- they're pretty good we get one at least once a week.




people browsing and various food stands


They also sell a lot of flowers in France -- this is one ladies stand but it looks nicer in person, it was hard to get a good shot. Their sunflowers here are so nice!



 
 We tried some of the dried sausage - so many varieties. It's delicious!
A pastry shop in Croix-Rousse - they had macaroons at the very end too but they didn't make it in the photo



Man making Crepes right on the street



shopping in the market at Croix-Rousse



1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. It looks like it is so much fun.Do you spend everyday and do everthing with Meghan and Kelsey? Your blog is beautiful and I love how its kind of like I am exploring France with you!
    Your blog is so nice and I love seeing what you do each day.I am sooo jealous that your exploring France and shopping even though you are going to school and I am stuck here in boring old Canada in a portibal it really sucks for me.LOVE you and miss you.omg Im your first comenter YAY! Auerivour

    ReplyDelete